Action Sustainability drives real, sustainable change with its clients. In particular, we undertake a large number of projects on behalf of clients in the construction sector that seek to inspire and deliver a more sustainable built environment.
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant Researcher who has a passion for sustainability and making a difference. Do you have experience of working in sustainability? Do you enjoy working and engaging with people as part of effecting a change? Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse backgrounds currently under-represented in sustainability and project management.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Notable successes include:
Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. They include manufacturing, technology, infrastructure, FMCG, government, healthcare and construction.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Main duties and responsibilities:
To work on a variety of sustainability projects for different clients providing sustainability input and support to the Project Manager in delivering the outcomes and outputs for the client;
- To support the Supply Chain School with its delivery of sustainability learning content across its platform and training activities. Supporting on (but not limited to) the Offsite, Digital, Procurement and other projects to ensure that the a programme of training activities and online learning is delivered and the supply chain engage in a way that drives change within the built environment
- To work on a selection of consultancy projects for different clients providing sustainability input and support to the Project Manager in delivering the outcomes and outputs for the client
- To support your Project Managers in interacting with clients, engaging stakeholders, and assist in arranging and running meetings
- To undertake research tasks to gather information, data and stakeholder opinion and then to manipulate, assess and interpret this information to feed into the projects, as necessary;
- To grow your sustainability knowledge and experience through the projects you undertake alongside suitable and relevant training
Skills, knowledge and experience:
Applicants should demonstrate the following skills:
- A knowledge of sustainability issues such as climate change, circular economy, social value, ethical labour standards, equality, diversity and inclusion. Experience in working on projects in these areas is ideal but not expected.
- Good, clear communication skills, both in verbal and written English, including writing reports to meet client and colleague needs
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and data analysis skills
- A creative flair, being able to think laterally
- An ability to engage stakeholders and see their point of view
- Working effectively both as part of a team and autonomously as the need arises, taking on ownership and responsibility for your own delivery.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and self-starter initiative to grow and improve your own sustainability knowledge and skills and share them with the Team
Our Project Manager Antoinette Irving will provide formal line management. You will be managed on a day-to-day basis by the relevant Project Manager for the projects you are working on.
UK degree level or equivalent (NVQ level 6) or equivalent experience, skills and knowledge.
Terms and conditions:
- Salary: £26,000 – £30,000, dependent on experience
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, Angel, but flexible working can be included as part of the role
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices
Start date of advertisement: 06 November 2020
End date of advertisement: 04 December 2020