We are passionate about driving real, sustainable change with our clients. We are seeking an experienced digital marketing specialist, who can deliver email automation and social media campaigns to drive customer engagement and client acquisition. You’ll have a passion for sustainability and making a difference, together with a commercial approach, proven digital marketing skills and an appetite for working at pace. If you have these skills and can see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail then we would love to hear from you.
Who we are:
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. In summary, we:
- Run the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme.
- Support our clients to use our Sustainability Tool to report their progress on sustainability actions.
- Led the authoring of the ISO 20400 in sustainable procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and our commercial consultancy services.
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer and we are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge, and experience, including those from diverse backgrounds currently under-represented in sustainability and project management.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to our Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Executive’s remit will include:
- To work closely with the Marketing Manager to map out, manage and drive email automation for specific campaigns (e.g. educational series and new member onboarding series) in order to drive member engagement for the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- To lead the build of emails including copy and content.
- To design, implement, monitor and report digital marketing initiatives across all digital platforms.
- To develop and update website content.
- To devise original organic and paid social media campaigns to increase visibility.
- To identify user behaviour; advising and developing strategies to improve effectiveness of digital marketing activities using various analytical tools such as Google Analytics.
- To support the Marketing Manager in shaping and driving the marketing strategy for both the Consultancy (Action Sustainability) and Sustainability Tool, including; organising and promoting virtual events, increasing social media presence, gathering and curating case study material, creating assets, optimising organic search (SEO), creating the quarterly email newsletter, maintaining the websites, increasing exposure through press, partnerships and sponsorships.
- To lead digital marketing activity and cross-promote across the School, Consultancy and Tool.
- To work closely with the internal team to ensure the overall marketing strategy is incorporated and ideas are shared.
- To support the Marketing Manager with any additional marketing activities as outlined in the marketing strategy.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of planning and implementing marketing automation campaigns
- Excellent digital marketing experience in at least two of the following areas: Paid Social (e.g. LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads), PPC (Google AdWords) and SEO strategy.
- Proficient use of Mailchimp and its ability to automate and personalise customer engagement
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Strong ability to optimise social media channels and experience using software such as Hootsuite
- Experience of using various analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- Proficient copywriter producing compelling content for digital and social platforms
- A passion for everything digital, with an active interest and understanding of digital marketing trends
- A passion for and understanding of sustainability
- A commercial approach and excels at working at pace
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail
- Well-honed communication skills and the ability to summarise key information with recommended actions
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills and ability to manipulate data.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Design and video editing skills desirable
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and being willing to learn and continuously improve
Applicants may be educated to UK degree level or equivalent, or have equivalent experience, skills, and knowledge. They must have 3+ years working in a fast-moving commercial marketing and/or events environment.
Terms and conditions:
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 dependent on experience, plus discretionary bonus
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension
- Location: Under current Government restrictions the role will be home-based, but as restrictions relax, we would expect the applicant to regularly work with the team in our London office. However, flexible working is considered.
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative practices
Start date of advertisement: 01 March 2021
End date of advertisement: 16 April 2021
Applicants who need adjustments to apply for this role should email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a telephone number at which they can be contacted.