We are seeking an experienced events specialist who can use their strong organisational skills and project management expertise to encourage the supply chain in the construction industry to engage with the Supply Chain Sustainability School, accessing a range of free online learning and face to face training. The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills, be a self-starter who is process driven and has a good understanding of marketing.
Purpose of job
To manage and drive forward the Supply Chain Sustainability School, by engaging its membership and Partner organisations. This is achieved by devising and delivering e- marketing campaigns that promote and support the School through participation in our training programme, online activity, as well as working closely with Partner organisations to understand and support their needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate for the post will be able to demonstrate a track record in delivering electronic marketing campaigns and events & workshops programmes whilst managing key stakeholders and their expectations, keeping to deadlines and achieving specific outputs.
- Understand the objectives of the Supply Chain Sustainability School in supply chain sustainability, off site construction and their client audience.
- Conceive and implement engaging and original e-marketing ideas for the School to drive participation and increase membership.
- Drive activity and learning within the School by engaging the online community to use the resources available to them, and keep their interest through regular communications.
- Work closely with the internal team to ensure the overall marketing strategy is incorporated and ideas are shared.
- Research, organise and market a range of compelling workshops for the School’s membership.
- Write and maintain up to date and relevant copy for the website and other media.
- Manage the online content of the School and resources in key market sectors
- Devise original social media campaigns to increase the visibility of all the Schools and encourage members to utilise the service.
- Track progress and activity of members and take action to increase participation if required through active calling.
- Frequent and clear reporting back on activity against target to internal teams.
- Ensure all marketing activity meets the Action Sustainability brand and strategy specifications
- Work with Partners and School members to fully understand their needs and fulfil any actions.
- Plan and arrange the training workshops schedule, including devising subject choices, arranging all logistics, venue liaison, processing bookings and liaising and booking the trainer.
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the organisation’s message to customers.
- Understand the School functionality to help drive the development of the system.
- Writing reports, meeting preparation, taking meeting notes and following up on actions, diary management and other administrative duties.
- Supporting the Sector Managers of the Schools by engaging with the Partners to deliver key outputs.
- Thorough understanding and use of website content and email marketing platforms.
- Proven experience of devising and delivering e- marketing campaigns in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data with a range of digital marketing tools and advice on solutions.
- Proven ability to engage with your database in a creative manner; use information in an intelligent way which input into your marketing plans.
- Good understanding of all social media platforms and how to maximise their effectiveness
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills and ability to manipulate data
- Event and project management skills
- Knowledge of online products, services, preferably in sustainability or construction
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, with excellent telephone skills
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to work in a flexible and creative way
- Ability to work with other team members to deliver high quality outcomes
- Takes on full ownership and responsibility to deliver against target, solve problems and manage workload proactively.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment.
- Experience of engaging with online communities desirable.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience
Applicants should have the following criteria:
- Degree educated
- 2-3 years working in a fast moving commercial marketing and events environment
- A passion for sustainability would be preferable
- Understanding of the Construction Industry preferable
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and proven ability to make things happen
- Supply Chain Sustainability School Marketing Manager – Emily McBride
Terms and Conditions
- Salary; £28,000 – £30,000 (dependant on experience)
- Holidays; 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits; 8% contribution to pension
- Location; The role will be based in our London office, (Angel tube Station)
- Development; We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy, founded in 2006, with the aim of leading and inspiring sustainable business.
Our UK team currently comprises around 30 full and part time employees and associates, based around the UK and in Canada. Notable successes:
- Established, in 2013, and now deliver, the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme
- Launched, in 2014, and support our clients to use, our Sustainability Tool
- Authored the ISO 20400 Standard for Sustainable Procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and iso20400.org, and our commercial consultancy services
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land
- We have an Action Sustainability office and a Supply Chain Sustainability School in Australia
Many of our clients are leaders in their sectors on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area.
Action Sustainability is certified by the Living Wage Foundation as an accredited Living Wage employer. We support our people to work flexibly and maintain a work-life balance, within the context of delivering a responsive and high-quality service to clients and School Partners. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
For more information about our forward-looking company, go to www.supplychainschool.co.uk or explore this site.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Back to vacancies