Role: Marketing and Events Officer
Background to the company:
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy, founded in 2006, established with the aim of leading and inspiring sustainable business. Our experienced consultancy team provides specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Skanska, Cobham, Balfour Beatty, Network Rail, Siemens and British Land. Many of our clients are leaders in their sectors on sustainability issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. Notable successes are our authoring of the world’s first standard for sustainable procurement ISO20400 in 2017, the launch of the multi-award winning supplychainschool.co.uk in 2013, launch of our online www.sustainabilitytool.co.uk in 2014 and the development of the industry leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme in 2015.
We are passionate about sustainability and are recognised thought leaders. We make a difference and work collaboratively to deliver measurable change. We drive sustainable business through action. Action Sustainability. That’s what we do.
- We develop strategies that create sustainable business change.
- We analyse to determine impacts and sustainability opportunities.
- We implement real change that targets impacts, social value and risk in the supply chain.
- We build sustainability capacity through training and eLearning.
- We measure sustainability performance and outcomes.
We drive sustainable business through action. Action sustainability. This is how we do it.
Senior Project Manager – Hilary Hurrey
Purpose of Job:
The Marketing and Events Officer will manage and drive forward the Supply Chain Sustainability School, by engaging its membership and Partner organisations. This is achieved by devising and delivering e- marketing campaigns that promote and support the School through participation in our training programme, online activity, as well as working closely with Partner organisations to understand and support their needs.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: circa £28,000–£30,000 depending upon experience
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays
- Other benefits: Contributory pension
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, (Angel tube Station) UK.
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultant with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for the post will be able to demonstrate a track record in delivering electronic marketing campaigns and events & workshops programmes whilst managing key stakeholders and their expectations, keeping to deadlines and achieving specific outputs.
- Understand the objectives of the Supply Chain Sustainability School in supply chain sustainability, off site construction and their client audience.
- Conceive and implement engaging and original e-marketing ideas for the School to drive participation and increase membership.
- Drive activity and learning within the School by engaging the online community to use the resources available to them, and keep their interest through regular communications.
- Work closely with the internal team to ensure the overall marketing strategy is incorporated and ideas are shared.
- Research, organise and market a range of compelling workshops for the School’s membership.
- Write and maintain up to date and relevant copy for the website and other media.
- Manage the online content of the School and resources in key market sectors
- Devise original social media campaigns to increase the visibility of all the Schools and encourage members to utilise the service.
- Track progress and activity of members and take action to increase participation if required through active calling.
- Frequent and clear reporting back on activity against target to internal teams.
- Ensure all marketing activity meets the Action Sustainability brand and strategy specifications
- Work with Partners and School members to fully understand their needs and fulfil any actions.
- Plan and arrange the training workshops schedule, including devising subject choices, arranging all logistics, venue liaison, processing bookings and liaising and booking the trainer.
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the organisation’s message to customers.
- Understand the School functionality to help drive the development of the system.
- Writing reports, meeting preparation, taking meeting notes and following up on actions, diary management and other administrative duties.
- Supporting the Sector Managers of the Schools by engaging with the Partners to deliver key outputs.
- Proven experience of devising and delivering e-marketing campaigns in a fast-moving environment.
- Thorough understanding and use of website content and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data with a range of digital marketing tools and advice on solutions.
- Proven ability to engage with your database in a creative manner; use information in an intelligent way which input into your marketing plans.
- Good understanding of all social media platforms and how to maximise their effectiveness
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of Content Management Systems, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills and ability to manipulate data
- Event and project management skills
- Knowledge of online products, services, preferably in sustainability or construction
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, with excellent telephone skills
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to work in a flexible and creative way
- Ability to work with other team members to deliver high quality outcomes
- Takes on full ownership and responsibility to deliver against target, solve problems and manage workload proactively.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment.
Experience/ Skills/ Qualifications:
Applicants should have the following criteria:
- Degree educated
- 2-3 years working in a fast moving commercial marketing environment
- A passion for sustainability would be preferable
- Understanding of the Construction Industry preferable
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and proven ability to make things happen
Interested applicants should send their CV and accompanying letter to Jayne Hughes at email@example.com
Back to Careers page