Seeking an experienced procurement professional with a passion for sustainability and making a difference in the built environment.
Action Sustainability drives real, sustainable change with its clients. In particular, we undertake a large number of projects on behalf of clients in in a variety of sectors, in particular clients in construction sector that seek to inspire and deliver a more sustainable built environment.
- Do you have a track record of managing and delivering complex procurement projects for clients and embedding sustainability principles and procurement best practice into those projects?
- Do you enjoy stakeholder engagement as part of effecting a change?
- Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned procurement professional with strong organisational skills and a passion for sustainability, be a self-starter who is results driven and has the ability to provide expert professional advice and engage and influence stakeholders to drive change. If you share our passion for more sustainable business and our belief that the procurement function is a key enabler of this change then this role could be for you in your next career move.
We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Purpose of job
To manage and drive forward the Supply Chain Sustainability School, by engaging its membership and Partner organisations. This is achieved by devising and delivering e- marketing campaigns that promote and support the School through participation in our training programme, online activity, as well as working closely with Partner organisations to understand and support their needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate for the post will be able to demonstrate a track record in delivering electronic marketing campaigns and events & workshops programmes whilst managing key stakeholders and their expectations, keeping to deadlines and achieving specific outputs.
- To lead the sustainable procurement service offering from Action Sustainability, ensuring that existing customers receive an excellent service and winning new work
- To work effectively in a matrix style organisation, reporting to the Lead Consultant accountable for our consultancy services and drawing on a flexible pool of consultants to deliver client-facing projects. The role does not have line reports but will project manage groups of consultants assigned to sustainable procurement work
- To engage effectively with the other consultancy service offerings and with the other primary business streams www.supplychainschool.co.uk and www.sustainabilitytool.co.uk to deliver combined services to clients and to partners and members of the Supply Chain School
- To develop training materials and procurement tools that will improve the quality of training for procurement professionals.
- To deliver training to procurement professionals.
- To engage procurement directors and commercial stakeholders from a variety of sectors to identify new commercial opportunities.
- To run a series of sustainable procurement projects for our clients that will drive improved sustainability benefits and reduced risk. This would include running collaborative supply chain projects for our sector and category groups within our Supply Chain School.
- Speaking at Industry Conferences and Events about the new tools and training you have developed and the effectiveness of their use.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience
Applicants should have the following criteria:
- Degree educated or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience of working as a procurement professional and a clear understanding of the interactions between clients, contractors, budget holders, designers and the supply chain.
- Ability to show experience and/or an understanding of sustainable supply chains in a variety of markets.
- CIPS (or equivalent) qualified procurement professional.
- Demonstrable sustainability experience and experience of implementing ISO 20400 or its predecessor BS 8903.
- Experience of delivering training to procurement professionals.
- Track record of managing and influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships with senior stakeholders.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary; c. £50,000 (dependant on experience)
- Holidays; 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits; 8% contribution to pension
- Location; The role will be based in our London office, (Angel tube Station)
- Development; We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy, founded in 2006, with the aim of leading and inspiring sustainable business.
Our UK team currently comprises around 30 full and part time employees and associates, based around the UK and in Canada. Notable successes:
- Established, in 2013, and now deliver, the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme
- Launched, in 2014, and support our clients to use, our Sustainability Tool
- Authored the ISO 20400 Standard for Sustainable Procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and iso20400.org, and our commercial consultancy services
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land
- We have an Action Sustainability office and a Supply Chain Sustainability School in Australia
Many of our clients are leaders in their sectors on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area.
Action Sustainability is certified by the Living Wage Foundation as an accredited Living Wage employer. We support our people to work flexibly and maintain a work-life balance, within the context of delivering a responsive and high-quality service to clients and School Partners. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
For more information about our forward-looking company, go to www.supplychainschool.co.uk or explore this site.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Back to vacancies