We are passionate about driving real, sustainable change with our clients. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Co-Ordinator who can support a small team to deliver two key projects around Fairness, Inclusion and Respect and Procurement within the built environment (as well as other smaller projects). You’ll have strong organisational and communication skills, with a real drive to support a hard-working team to deliver these key projects to time and to the highest standard. You will take pride in being a self-starter, and an appetite for working at pace. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
- Project Co-Ordinator – Sustainability Consultancy
- London (Angel) / Remote Based under current Government guidelines
- £24,000-£27,000 + Benefits Package
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. In summary, we:
- Run the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme.
- Support our clients to use our Sustainability Tool to report their progress on sustainability actions.
- Led the authoring of the ISO 20400 in sustainable procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and our commercial consultancy services.
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land. https://www.actionsustainability.com/
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer and we are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge, and experience, including those from diverse backgrounds currently under-represented in sustainability and project management.
Purpose of the job, roles, and responsibilities
Reporting to our Project Manager, the Project Co-Ordinator’s remit will include:
- Supporting the Project Team to arrange meetings and training dates with a wide network of clients and stakeholders.
- Engaging and communicating with clients and stakeholders on various aspects of the projects.
- Plan and arrange the training activities schedule, including devising subject choices, arranging all logistics, venue liaison (if relevant), processing bookings and liaising and booking the trainer.
- Supporting the Project Team with the preparation of professional documents, power point presentations and other materials.
- With the support of the Marketing team, promote the various training activities for each project through various channels (social media, email marketing etc).
- Regularly report back on key performance targets set for both projects as instructed.
- Data analysis to help the wider team make informed decisions for the benefit of the projects.
- To assist in the development of relevant learning materials and supporting documentation, content, e-learning, videos, etc.
- Writing reports, meeting preparation, taking meeting notes and following up on actions, diary management and other administrative duties.
- Development, testing, deployment, ongoing support, training of the Be Fair/HE Growth Matrix/ FIR Assessment. Engaging with and supporting various organisations to support them in the use of this tool.
- Keeping various systems up to date which record data, feedback statistics, clients details, marketing reports etc.
- Attending training activities where necessary to support the trainers; attend supporting events to promote the projects as necessary.
- Other tasks as instructed which support the projects or business as a whole.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Willingness to work collaboratively and responsively with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, with excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to work in a flexible and creative way.
- Takes on full ownership and responsibility to deliver against target, solve problems and manage workload proactively.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment.
- A commercial approach and excels at working at pace.
- A passion for and understanding of sustainability.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills and ability to manipulate data.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and being willing to learn and continuously improve.
Applicants may be educated to A Level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, or have the equivalent experience, skills, and knowledge. They must have 2+ years working in a commercial environment.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: £24,000-£27,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% employer contribution to pension, fitness allowance and cycle to work scheme.
- Location Under current Government restrictions the role will be home-based, but as restrictions relax, we would expect the applicant to regularly work with the team in our London office
- Flexible working is considered
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices
Start date of advertisement: 01 June 2021
End date of advertisement: 27 June 2021