We are seeking an experienced project manager to help us drive change in the construction industry, persuading our clients to adopt new procurement and digital practices to drive improved productivity and sustainability outcomes in the construction industry.
The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills, be a self-starter who is process driven and has the ability to engage and influence stakeholders to drive change. If you share our passion for a more sustainable industry and can demonstrate that you are experienced in running a variety of engaging programmes, we would like to hear from you.
Purpose of job
The Supply Chain Sustainability School is an online learning platform and training organisation that is the result of a collaboration between 84 construction clients, contractors and suppliers. We have won many awards for our work to drive improved sustainability within the construction supply chain.
In 2018 we delivered training to over 5,000 employees from 3,000 supply chain organisations, via a blended approach of classroom and online training. We have recently won 3 years of funding and support from our Partner organisations to develop two new workstreams “Performance through Procurement” and “Downloading a Digital Mindset”.
The procurement project aims to significantly increase the quality of procurement training materials and will use these to deliver training that will improve procurement approaches across the housing, infrastructure and local authorities supply chains. Our digital project aims to providing leaders with digital awareness training and to build a set of ‘soft leadership skills’ that will help them to embrace digital in their business strategies.
The successful candidate for the role will manage the delivery our procurement and digital programmes and be responsible for delivery on time, to budget and to the desired quality standards off all aspects of the programme. Following the successful delivery of specific elements of these projects, the Project Manager role will take on other projects within the School and Consultancy.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate for the post will be able to demonstrate the ability to manage a programme of activity with multiple elements and activities as well as experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships at a senior level. Preferably with experience of managing training and event programmes.
You will have experience of identifying and engaging with different stakeholders and stakeholder groups, assessing and addressing their views.
Day to day you will manage and drive forward the our procurement and digital projects against the KPIs and deliverables set out in the Business Plan. This is done by engaging with Action Sustainability colleagues, our Employer Leadership Group and other programme and industry stakeholders to establish a consensus on topics and knowledge, interpreted into specific outputs such as learning development, employer engagement, training delivery and content management.
- Promoting and managing the deliver of annual programmes of training across the UK.
- Managing the development of training courses and e-learning as required by our Employer Leadership Groups.
- Working closely with the Employer Leadership Groups to gain consensus on the work programme and to understand and support their needs.
- Creating and managing a process to ensure that content on relevant sections of the www.supplychainschool.co.uk and in our online resource library are constantly refreshed and up to date.
- Track progress and activity of individuals and companies that have engaged with the programmes and act to increase participation if required (e.g. through active calling) and to help people continue their learning journey.
- Writing reports and case studies, meeting preparation, following up on actions and some other administrative duties.
- Ensuring that the business plan and deliverables are met on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Work closely with the Chair of the Employer Leadership Groups to drive the agenda and deliver against the agreed business plans with the leadership group.
- Manage costs and income and ensure delivery on budget.
- Account management of a specific set of Partners to ensure they receive best value from the School and their partnership fee; this includes progression against the maturity matrix; understanding of the wider activities of the School and involving Partners where relevant; ensuring internal teams are up-skilled to understand the value of the School.
A mix of project management, marketing and commercial skills will be required for the successful applicant. Specifically;
- Ability to engage meaningfully with colleagues and stakeholders, understand and assess their views and build a consensus.
- Takes on full ownership and responsibility to deliver against target, solve problems and manage workload proactively.
- Experienced in managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment.
- Thorough understanding and use of website content and email marketing platforms.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data with a range of digital marketing tools and advice on solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, with excellent presentation skills.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to work in a flexible and creative way.
Skills, knowledge & experience
Applicants should have the following criteria:
- Degree educated or equivalent industry experience.
- Significant experience in managing large or complex business projects.
- Track record of managing and influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Good understanding of budget management.
- At least 3 years working in a commercial environment.
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and proven ability to make things happen
- Passion for sustainability (desirable).
- Understanding of the Construction Industry (desirable).
- Experience in the development of learning courses and materials (desirable).
- Supply Chain Sustainability School Manager
Terms and Conditions
- Salary; £40,000 (plus company benefits)
- Holidays; 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits; 8% contribution to pension
- Location; The role will be based in our London office, (Angel tube Station)
- Development; We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy, founded in 2006, with the aim of leading and inspiring sustainable business.
Our UK team currently comprises around 30 full and part time employees and associates, based around the UK and in Canada. Notable successes:
- Established, in 2013, and now deliver, the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme
- Launched, in 2014, and support our clients to use, our Sustainability Tool
- Authored the ISO 20400 Standard for Sustainable Procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and iso20400.org, and our commercial consultancy services
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land
- We have an Action Sustainability office and a Supply Chain Sustainability School in Australia
Many of our clients are leaders in their sectors on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area.
Action Sustainability is certified by the Living Wage Foundation as an accredited Living Wage employer. We support our people to work flexibly and maintain a work-life balance, within the context of delivering a responsive and high-quality service to clients and School Partners. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
For more information about our forward-looking company, go to www.supplychainschool.co.uk or explore this site.
Interested candidates should apply here.
Back to vacancies