We are passionate about driving real, sustainable change with our clients. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Officer to join our team and help deliver a packed programme of on- line and face to face training activity; as well as engaging with an online membership providing the support required to enable them to learn through the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School.
You’ll have strong organisational and communication skills, with a real drive to support a hard-working team to deliver these key projects to time and to the highest standard. You will take pride in being a self-starter, have an appetite for working at pace and want to work somewhere where you can develop and grow. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Project Officer – Sustainability Consultancy; Training & events
Gosforth Office (with ability to work remotely part of the week)
£27,000-£29,000 + Benefits Package
Who we are:
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. In summary, we:
- Run the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme.
- Support our clients to use our Sustainability Tool to report their progress on sustainability actions.
- Led the authoring of the ISO 20400 in sustainable procurement and are now leading global adoption through our social enterprise arm, Action Sustainability CIC and our commercial consultancy services.
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer and we are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge, and experience, including those from diverse backgrounds currently under-represented in sustainability and project management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for the post will be able to demonstrate the ability to help manage programmes of activity with multiple elements and activities as well as managing complex stakeholder relationships. Preferably with experience of managing training and event programmes.
Day to day you will be responsible for managing and driving forward a programme of activity which will range from webinars of varying formats to face to face events; engaging with key stakeholders on a variety of projects and delivering the business plan against a set of KPI’s.
- Plan and arrange the training activities schedule, including devising subject choices, arranging all logistics, venue liaison (if relevant), processing bookings and liaising and booking the trainer.
- Support the Programmes Manager by creating timelines for the various programmes of activity; Develop relationships with the various clients; Client liaison/ Partner management to ensure their programme of work is delivered.
- Ensuring that the business plan and KPI’s set are met on a quarterly and annual basis and reporting against this, or where required.
- Work with the Programmes Manager to manage costs and income and ensure delivery on budget.
- Track progress and activity of individuals and companies that have engaged with the various training programmes.
- Develop ways in which individuals can continue their learning journey through the School such as developing learning pathways and feeding into the development of customer automation journeys, in particular that relate to your various projects.
- Writing reports, meeting preparation, taking meeting notes and following up on actions, diary management and other administrative duties.
- Supporting the Project Team with the preparation of professional documents, power point presentations and other materials.
- With the support of the Marketing team, promote the various training activities for each project through various channels (social media, email marketing etc) as required.
- Act as a customer support for the School membership to fully understand their needs and fulfil any actions.
- Supporting the Account and Sector Managers of the Schools by establishing relationships with and engaging the School Partners to deliver key outputs.
- Understand in depth, the School functionality to help drive the development of the system.
- Attending training activities where necessary to support the trainers; attend supporting events to promote the projects as necessary.
- Other tasks as instructed which support the projects or business as a whole.
Proven project management skills, with basic marketing and commercial skills will be required for the successful applicant, specifically:
- Sound project management skills and experience of managing projects to completion.
- Ability to engage meaningfully with colleagues and stakeholders, understand and assess their views and build a consensus.
- Proven ability to understand the key drivers of the stakeholders and project and the wider market, working collaboratively with the wider business at all times.
- Takes on full ownership and responsibility to deliver against target, solve problems and manage workload proactively.
- Demonstrates the importance of using data analysis to inform decisions in projects and wider business decision making.
- Good understanding and use of website content (WordPress) and email marketing platforms.
- Able to produce professional reports and materials with very high level of accuracy and credibility.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate stakeholder meetings; gain consensus and proactive approach to ensuring all actions are completed
- Experienced in budget management and cost control.
- Able to manage and feed into the business planning process of the project.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, with excellent presentation skills.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to work in a flexible and creative way.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Applicants should have the following criteria:
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and proven ability to make things happen.
- Passion for sustainability (desirable).
- Understanding of the Construction Industry (desirable).
- Line management experience (desirable).
- Experience in the development of learning courses and materials (desirable).
- Experience of organising both online and face to face events.
- 2-3 years working in a fast-moving commercial marketing and events environment.
Reporting to: Program Manager
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: £27,000 – 29,000 + benefits package
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension
- Location: The role will be based in our Newcastle Office (Gosforth)
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
- Flexible working: We encourage flexible working.
Interested applicants should apply via Recruitment Revolutions.
Start date of advertisement: 21.11.2022
Closing date for Applications: 19.12.2022