At Action Sustainability we drive real, sustainable change with our clients. Through our software platform, the Sustainability Tool, we enable increased transparency and accountability that drive sustainability in the built environment sector. We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who will be responsible for generating new leads for the Tool and will support senior colleagues throughout the sales cycle.
- Do you have a track record of delivering software sales?
- Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for detail?
- Are you looking to develop into a sales management role?
If you share our passion for more sustainable business and enabling change, then this role could be for you.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Notable successes include:
Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. They include manufacturing, technology, infrastructure, FMCG, government, healthcare and construction.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds. We have made a pledge to be net zero.
The Tool, which you will be selling, helps our clients to efficiently collect sustainability data from their business divisions, project teams and supply chain organisations. The information is crunched to produce sustainability dashboards with key performance indicators measured against our client targets. By using our platform, organisations can now ensure their teams and supply chain partners comply with their environmental and socio-economic standards. This is driving transparency and accountability to better deliver on sustainability strategies.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To generate new quality leads for the Sustainability Tool through outreach on social media, via email, in conferences and through cold calling
- To support colleagues throughout the sales cycle, notably in meetings, demos, drafting of proposals and bids
- To assist in the development of relevant sales and marketing materials and supporting documentation, including Sustainability Tool training workshops, website content, e-learning, videos, etc.
- To contribute to the on-going improvement of the Sustainability Tool, supporting the development of the product offer and market positioning
- To undertake research tasks to gather information, data and stakeholder opinion and then to manipulate, assess and interpret this information, as necessary
- To develop a deep understanding of sustainability performance management and sustainability software applications
- To have self-starter initiative to grow and improve your own sustainability knowledge and sales skills through self-led reading, engaging with colleagues and identifying training opportunities
- To work with colleagues in the continual improvement of the Sustainability Tool to improve how our clients manage and measure their sustainability performance through assistance in sales and marketing campaigns
- To work as a core part of our team:
- working, at all times, within our framework of Action Sustainability behaviours;
- connecting into the specialist knowledge and experience of other team members;
- sharing your knowledge and experience with other team members; and
- developing your own sustainability knowledge and skills
Skills, knowledge and experience:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Relevant software sales experience in a similar environment
- Proven experience and knowledge of SaaS sales cycles
- A results-driven and competitive nature
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, an ability to engage stakeholders and see their point of view
- The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously as the need arises, taking on ownership and responsibility for your own delivery
- Highly organised with a good attention to detail
- A passion for sustainability
- A ‘can do’ attitude and being willing to learn and continuously improve
- Appetite to develop into a sales manager role
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, flexible environment within a small but highly influential business
- Charles Naud, Consultant and Product Manager
Terms and conditions:
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 (£30,000-£40,000 OTE) dependent on experience
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension
- Location: The role is based in our London office, Angel, but flexible working can be included as part of the role.
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative practices
Start date of advertisement: 08 February 2021
End date of advertisement: 08 March 2021
Anticipated Job Start: from 01 April 2021