Action Sustainability drives real, sustainable change with its clients. In particular, we undertake a large number of projects on behalf of clients in the construction sector that seek to inspire and deliver a more sustainable built environment.
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional with a passion for sustainability and making a difference.
- Do you have a track record of managing and delivering complex procurement projects for clients?
- Do you enjoy stakeholder engagement as part of effecting change?
- Do you have a desire to deliver sustainability outcomes?
- Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail?
The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills and a passion for sustainability, be a self-starter who is results driven and has the ability to provide expert professional advice and engage and influence stakeholders to drive change.
If you share our passion for more sustainable business and our belief that the procurement function is a key enabler of this change then this role could be for you in your next career move.
Background to Action Sustainability:
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 50 full and part time employees and associates. Notable successes include:
Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. They include; manufacturing, technology, infrastructure, FMCG, government, healthcare, and construction.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- We have a ‘winner-doer’ model in Action Sustainability. As such your role will be to develop new business in sustainable procurement and then coordinate and lead on its delivery, ensuring an excellent level of client service, working closely between client and our team
- You will have experience of engaging senior directors and commercial stakeholders from a variety of sectors to identify new opportunities and lead the team in winning new work, becoming a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Projects will involve a range of aspects: development of sustainable procurement strategies and processes; delivery of risk & opportunity assessments, undertaking evaluations against ISO 20400, delivering training to a range of procurement and sustainability professionals through Action Sustainability’s Consultancy business and through the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
- You will be required to work in tandem with our other service offerings, modern slavery and climate in particular, to deliver joined-up client outcomes.
- You will speak at Industry Conferences and Events about our work and the outcomes from it.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working as a procurement professional and a clear understanding of the interactions between clients, contractors, budget holders, designers and the supply chain, especially within the construction sector.
- Experience and/or an understanding of where and how sustainability occurs in supply chains in a variety of markets.
- Experience of implementing ISO 20400.
- Ability to understand clients’ business needs and a track record of managing and influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and ability to make things happen.
- Experience of delivering training and facilitating interactive workshops with procurement professionals.
- Managing a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Willingness to work in dynamic, flexible environment within a small but highly influential business.
Reporting to: Head of Consultancy
- Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- CIPS or equivalent qualified procurement professional
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary: £46,000 – £50,000, depending on experience.
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday.
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension.
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, Old Street, but flexible working can be included as part of the role.
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
Start date of advertisement: 01.05.2023
Interested applicants should send their CV and accompanying letter through the Recruitment Revolutions portal.