Do you want to help us drive change in sectors including construction, infrastructure and the built environment? We are seeking a Consultant (Social Value and Wellbeing) to join our team.
If you have a passion for harnessing business to deliver positive impacts for people, a track record of doing so, and are commercially minded, we would like to hear from you.
The Sustainability Consultant Opportunity:
In this newly developed role, the role-holder will be responsible for:
- Providing specialist advice and hands-on support to clients around social impact/social value policy and strategy
- Identifying opportunities to deliver additional consultancy work to current clients, and new clients
- With support from the team, write proposals to win work
- Facilitating a new wellbeing special interest group (SIG) within the Supply Chain Sustainability School
- Working as a core part of our consultancy and School team
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for harnessing business to deliver positive impacts for people, with experience of doing so. Applicants should also demonstrate a track record in all or some of the following:
- Achieving positive impacts in relation to at least two of the following:
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Training and skills development
- Employment of people from ‘under-represented’ and disadvantaged groups
- Community consultation
- Labour standards within supply chains
- Effectively engaging with a wide range of different stakeholders, then planning, agreeing and implementing activities with them.
- Identifying and winning business.
- Understanding and articulating the big picture (strategic) context of projects or stakeholder.
- Analysing and interpreting data, effectively.
- Communicating clearly, in English, in both verbal and written form.
- Attending to detail within sometimes complex, contradictory and fast-moving situations.
- Organising oneself, and workload, to meet client and colleague expectations, deadlines and targets.
- Working effectively, both as part of a team and autonomously, taking on ownership and responsibility for delivery as appropriate.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude and being willing to continuously improve.
Applicants should be educated to UK degree level or equivalent (NVQ level 6) or have equivalent construction, infrastructure or built environment experience, skills and knowledge.
Salary & Role Information:
- Salary: £40,000
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% employer contribution to pension
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, (Angel tube station) with flexible working considered
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices.
We welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse backgrounds currently under-represented in sustainability and consultancy.
Who we are:
We are a leading consultancy, founded in 2006, with the aim of leading and inspiring sustainable business.
Our UK team currently comprises around 30 full and part time employees and associates, based around England and in Canada. Notable successes are that we:
- Established, in 2013, and now deliver, the award-winning Supply Chain Sustainability School, including the industry-leading Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme
- Launched in 2014, and support our clients to use, our sustainability reporting tool
- Led the UK and Australian delegations in developing the ISO 20400 Standard for Sustainable Procurement and chaired the editorial committee. We are now leading global adoption through our commercial consultancy services and our social enterprise arm.
- Provide bespoke, specialist business advice, training, and practical tools to leading organisations such as Siemens, the Houses of Parliament, Warwick University, the NHS and British Land
Many of our clients are leaders in their sectors on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area.
We’re certified by the Living Wage Foundation as an accredited Living Wage employer. We support our people to work flexibly and maintain a work-life balance, within the context of delivering a responsive and high quality service to clients and School Partners. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture.
Interested? Apply here with your covering letter and CV.