Action Sustainability drives real, sustainable change with its clients. We are looking for an experienced procurement professional with a passion for sustainability and making a difference.
- Do you have a track record of managing and delivering complex procurement projects for clients and embedding sustainability principles and best practice into those projects?
- Do you enjoy stakeholder engagement as part of effecting change?
- Can you see the bigger picture whilst maintaining an eye for the detail?
The successful candidate will be a seasoned procurement professional with strong organisational skills and a passion for sustainability, be a self-starter who is results driven and has the ability to provide expert professional advice and engage and influence stakeholders to drive change. If you share our passion for more sustainable business and our belief that the procurement function is a key enabler of this change then this role could be for you.
Who we are
Action Sustainability is a leading consultancy with the aim of inspiring sustainable business. Our team comprises 30 full and part time employees and associates. Notable successes include:
Many of our clients are sector leaders on sustainability and supply chain issues and we are proud of our reputation for leading the thinking in this area. They include manufacturing, technology, infrastructure, FMCG, government, healthcare and construction.
Action Sustainability is an accredited Living Wage employer. We are committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace culture and welcome applications from all people with relevant skills, knowledge and experience, including those from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To lead the sustainable procurement service offering from Action Sustainability, ensuring that existing customers receive an excellent service and winning new work
- To work effectively in a matrix style organisation, reporting to the Lead Consultant accountable for our consultancy services and drawing on a flexible pool of consultants to deliver client-facing projects
- To engage effectively with the other consultancy service offerings including the Supply Chain Sustainability School and Sustainability Tool to deliver combined services to clients and to Partners and members of the School
- To develop and deliver training materials and procurement tools that will improve the quality of training for procurement professionals
- To engage procurement directors and commercial stakeholders from a variety of sectors to identify new commercial opportunities
- To run a series of sustainable procurement projects for our clients that will drive improved sustainability benefits and reduced risk
- Speaking at conferences about the work and tools you have delivered and the effectiveness of their use
Skills, knowledge and experience:
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working as a procurement professional and a clear understanding of the interactions between clients, contractors, budget holders, designers and the supply chain
- Experience and/or an understanding of where and how sustainability occurs in supply chains in a variety of markets
- Experience of implementing ISO 20400 or its predecessor BS 8903
- Ability to understand clients and business needs
- Track record of managing and influencing multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to build trust and relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proactive approach – a “can do” attitude and ability to make things happen
- Experience of delivering training and facilitating interactive workshops with procurement professionals
- Managing a diverse portfolio of projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work in dynamic, flexible environment within a small but highly influential business
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- CIPS or equivalent qualified procurement professional
Terms and conditions:
- Salary: £50,000, dependent on experience
- Holidays: 25 days plus 8 statutory holidays plus 1 day for birthday
- Other benefits: 8% contribution to pension
- Location: The role will be based in our London office, Angel, but flexible working can be included as part of the role
- Development: We offer the opportunity to grow in this award-winning consultancy with the support of leading experts and innovative new practices
Start date of advertisement: 03 November 2020
End date of advertisement: 01 December 2020