Action Sustainability has developed a close and longstanding relationship with Siemens Mobility to provide sustainability support to the in-house Siemens sustainability team.
This has included support to Siemens to cater for the secondment of Siemens employees to other parts of the business (e.g. a year-long position in Munich), maternity leave cover, and, ongoing project support as part of the Siemens team.
The support provided to Siemens has come in various guises and has included:
We maintain a good relationship with Siemens and have been instrumental in delivering the following key outcomes:
• Project delivery of Network Rail Sustainability requirements across a range of projects. This includes writing documentation and then implementing specific sustainability initiatives “on the ground” at project level. Clients include Network Rail (015 Standard) and Transport for Wales (alignment with the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act 2015).
• Running workshops to upskill Siemens staff in topics such as Fairness, Inclusion, and Respect, and Suicide on the Railway.
• Delivering a pilot social value assessment for Siemens work on the Crossrail. Following this Siemens were able to provide tangible, quantitative data to demonstrate the social value that had been generated by the project.
• Building better links with local communities and stakeholders through partnership with the Community Rail Network (CRN). This has included running workshops with CRN members to understand where opportunities for collaboration and potential risks lie as project works develop.
• Supporting and aligning Siemens project activities with the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act in Wales. This included support at both the bid stage through to the development of project documentation and the development of initiatives to ensure that bit commitments were met and exceeded.
• In collaboration with the Siemens procurement team, developing a methodology for future local and SME spend heatmapping across Siemens’ delivery regions. This has enabled Siemens to meet project commitments for local and SME spend.
• Being a “critical friend” for Siemens across a broad range of sustainability topics.