Terms and Conditions
1.By entering this prize draw, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
2. The prize draw is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
Eligibility to Enter
3. The competition is open to UK residents, aged 18 and over only, with the exception of employees of Action Sustainability (including Supply Chain Sustainability School and Sustainability Tool), their families and anyone else connected with this promotion.4.
4. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to enter and eligible to claim any prize. Action Sustainability may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
How To Enter
5. To enter, entrants must:
5.1Complete the COP26 Christmas quiz in full, filling in your contact details
5.2 For your entry to be considered to win, you must also follow the relevant social media accounts outlined on the entry page.
6. Action Sustainability accepts no responsibility for any entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind; or that are incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, or corrupted; or are lost, mislaid, damaged, delayed, or fail to reach Action Sustainability by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
7. There is a maximum of one entry per person.
8. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. The competition is entered online and therefore applicants will need access to the internet to enter.
9. The prize draw opens at Monday 6 December 2021 09:00 and closes on Sunday 12 December 2021 23:59. All entries must be received by 23:59 on 12 December 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
10. The prize is one ‘The Norway Spruce Christmas Hamper’ from Social Supermarket.
11. There is only a single prize, and there will be one winner only.
12. Action Sustainability’s use of particular brands and services does not imply affiliation or endorsement of such brands and services.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferrable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
14. Prizes are subject to availability. Action Sustainability reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so. No correspondence will be entered into.
The draw, winner announcement and claiming the prize
15. The highest score on the COP26 Christmas quiz will be declared the winner and win the sustainable hamper provided they meet the provided criteria. If there are multiple entries with a joint-highest score, then all names will be entered into a prize draw. Once a winner has been declared, their entry will be checked for legitimacy to see if they have followed the rules of the competition.
The winner will be drawn at random and announced on Action Sustainability and Sustainability Tool’s LinkedIn and Twitter channels at midday (12:00) on Wednesday 15 December, subject to Action Sustainability’s satisfactory confirmation that the winner meets the eligibility criteria. Proof of age, country of residence and identity may be required to claim the prize.
16. Action Sustainability will attempt to contact the winner by the email they provided when completing the quiz. The winner must provide a full name and postal address when contacted by Action Sustainability in order to claim their prize.
17. If the winner does not respond to the email within 24 hours, they will forfeit the prize and Action Sustainability reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
18. The decision of Action Sustainability in respect of the winner is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Please allow up to 30 working days for Action Sustainability to request the delivery details required from the winner to deliver the sustainability hamper.
20. Action Sustainability may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Action Sustainability’s sole opinion) or who, in Action Sustainability sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Action Sustainability.
Data Protection and Privacy
21. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Action Sustainability for the purposes of administering the prize draw and for the purposes as defined within our Privacy Notice.
22. The winner agrees to the release of their name in the winner’s announcement and agrees to take part in reasonable post draw publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
23. By entering our COP26 Christmas quiz you agree that your post and profile image may be published on Action Sustainability websites and social media accounts. Entrants must ensure, prior to any submission, that where any third party appears in any photograph that they have obtained the permission of that third party to the use of that image, including the use by the Action Sustainability in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where any children appear in the submission photograph parent / guardian consent must have been obtained.
24. All entrants may apply for details of the winning participant (specifically, their name) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading no later than 4 weeks after the closing date.
25. All personal information shall be used in accordance with Action Sustainability’s Privacy Notice.
Limitation of Liability
26. Action Sustainability does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for the prize, save that Action Sustainability does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
27. Action Sustainability does not provide any form of support or warranty for this prize and makes no guarantee in respect of the quality of the hamper.
28. Action Sustainability reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice. Action Sustainability does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize. No correspondence will be entered into. 29.
29. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results and all other matters relating to this free prize draw, the decision of Action Sustainability shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
30. The prize draw and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.