This course is delivered over 2 consecutive days, half a day each, which will run from 9:30 to 13:30 (BST) on the Wednesday 17th & Thursday 18th May. You must be able to attend both days.
There is an increasing awareness of the sustainability impacts of the products and services that we buy, particularly considering high-profile issues such as climate change, the Modern Slavery Act, poor waste management and, most recently, Covid-19. There is also a growing realisation of both the risks and potential opportunities associated with a better understanding of the sustainability impacts of supply chains and a desire to have a greater knowledge to influence the procurement outcomes.
This one-day course (delivered in two sessions of half a day each) provides a thorough grounding in sustainability principles and explores how you can integrate sustainability considerations in your procedures for day-to-day working, as well as examining how to implement wider strategies within your organisation and supply chains.
It will give you the knowledge and skills to know how procurement can be used to contribute to your organisation’s sustainability goals and targets. It is ideally suited to buyers, category managers and supply chain analysts seeking to expand their knowledge in this increasingly influential area.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of sustainability principles
• Articulate the reasons and ‘drivers’ for sustainable procurement
• Understand how to incorporate sustainability into procurement policies and procedures
• Promote sustainability strategies within your organisation and with your supply base
• Sustainability issues – the risks and opportunities from them
• How sustainability affects procurement best practice
• How to implement sustainable procurement policies, strategies and approaches in your organisation following ISO 20400:2017 – Sustainable procurement – Guidance
• Sourcing from and managing your supply chains to increase their sustainability performance and thereby contribute to your organisation’s sustainability goals and targets
*This course is delivered over 2 consecutive days, half a day each, which will run from 9:15 to 13:15 (BST) on the 27 and 28 October. You must be able to attend both days
**See the full 2 day agenda below.
***DISCLAIMER: If there are less than 6 delegates registered, this workshop will be cancelled. You will be notified one week prior to the session and will receive a full refund.
Mellita D’silva CPPM, CPP, MICW, CIPS Level 5 is a Sustainability Consultant who has worked in the realm of Procurement, Supply Chain Management and Sustainability for 17 years. She has extensive experience of embedding sustainability within a procurement process and downstream in the supply chain through corporate and project policies, strategies and delivery models.
Some examples of her work include development of corporate sustainable procurement policies, procurement and supply chain toolkits to include for sustainability criteria in line with ISO 20400 and CIRIA 2017, delivering workshops for procurement professionals to ensure sustainable procurement is business as usual, speaking at conferences for Environmental professionals to help then understand how to engage with procurement. Her latest achievement is the embedding on ISO 20400 on the High Speed 2 enabling works project with an outcome of the project achieving the highest social value of any project in the UK.
Previous clients include: HS2 Main Works Civils Contract, HS2 EWC, Tideway East, Crossrail C610 in the UK and Dubai Festival City, Jumeirah Beach Residence, various projects on Palm Jumeirah in UAE.